Tuesday, April 30, 2013

So Long, Farewell

A few weeks ago my boss put in her notice to leave the agency and take an amazing position offered to her elsewhere. While it was a great opportunity for her, it was still sad to see her go. She's probably the best boss I've ever had.





It was a busy few weeks helping her get ready to leave, and also planning her goodbye "non-party" party. She wanted something casual but nice. Since she's worked with the agency for about 18 years, her leaving was a big deal (despite how much she tried to down play it). Than being said, we anticipated a fairly large turn out to come and wish her well. Which left the main party planning to me. I am not a party planner for a reason.











I wanted it to be nice. She's also a gluten free devoted paleo dieter, so I wanted to make sure that all the food there was edible for her. Other than fruits and veggies, it's a bit tricky to do something nice and yummy.










So along with the fruit and veggies was fruit dip, fruit salad, salami- jalapeno appetizers, ham stacks, spinach leaves wrapped with cream cheese and almonds, and for sweets a gluten free sugar free brownie, and the highlight - a gluten free German Chocolate Cake. (Luckily I had lots of food help!) I did make some cookies, brownies, and lemon bars for everyone else. But the highlight was definitely the cake.

It was a very busy week, but I think it turned out nice. And I crashed hard that weekend after a week of running around non-stop and worrying about everything turning out okay. I once again was reminded why I am not a party planner. It's sad now that she's gone, but life is all about changes. Now I'm in a very strange phase - I don't technically have a boss and am mostly floating along for the next little while. We'll see how things pan out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment