Saturday, April 20, 2013

Just a Typical Afternoon

There's always something that needs to be done. Always will be too. And that's a great thing as it keeps me from getting bored. Of course often the things that need to be done are not things I want to do, so of course I put them off as much as possible. You do it too.

The workweek is so hectic and crazy that it's counting down until the weekend in order for a minute to breathe. Of course once the weekend hits there's lots of errands to run, house things to be fixed and cleaned, and an endless amount of yard work (which is especially fun when you have no yard working tools other than a shovel and a rake. I did have a spade that broke this morning when I was attacking the giant weeds in my yard for another round. That and the blisters on my hand was getting unbearable).

Weeds - 2 : Me -0.

Especially in Texas, if you want to get things done the best time is the morning as the afternoon gets too hot. So I've started a trend that I fully intend to keep as long as possible. At some point during Saturday or Sunday afternoon I take a little rest. Often times it involves a nap - sometimes it's a movie - and sometimes it's just curling up with a book for an hour or two. It's quite wonderful. And it's nice and quiet as I sit next to my open windows and watch the wind blowing and hear the cows mooing. So Texan I know.

The cats have also joined in on this weekend ritual and call a truce among the flying fur to enjoy it with me. This is them curled up on my legs. Put out a blanket and it's only a matter of time before they curl up in it.

                               It's great. It's therapeutic, and I look forward to it all week long :)
The light is too strong for his eyes - he has to cover them with his paw to help his napping. Very hard life.













Awe!



















Next time I will post some of the productive things I've been doing - I really do keep quite busy. But this is still my favorite part.

No comments:

Post a Comment