Now this was my second trip through the city of light. I know, rough life I've led. I must say though that nothing will ever compare to my first experience to this beautiful city. Not only was it my first overseas trip, but I was traveling with an amazing gal who had lived there, spoke the language, and minored in art history. Essentially I had my own personal tour guide for a week. Lisa, still one of the coolest trips ever!
I do have an odd fascination with Nuns and love to take pictures of them especially whenever I travel. I don't understand it myself, but I just can't resist a picture. One day I may get brave and see if I can have my picture taken with them.
Then there was a day spent at Versailles. (This picture above is the back door of the palace. That's my kind of back door).
It's huge and over the top and you have to see it. Though I must say they sure charge a lot more than the last time I was there. Even the massive gardens are sectioned off so you have to pay separately to view the different areas. Still amazing and unreal as to how large the grounds are. They just go on forever. My pictures from the inside just aren't that great. That and it was so crowded I was literally being pushed through by the crowd. Insane!
Opera Garnier is one of my all time favorite places to visit in Paris.
This hall to the left with all the chandeliers is incredible. There is so much gold carved into everything, and the frescoes painted across the ceiling are so pretty. Standing there makes you feel theatrical.
Then took a break and sat in the Tuleries facing the Louvre. Beautiful. Of course there just wasn't enough time to see the inside of the museum. Next time. And finally the last stop of the city was the Tower.
There it is - Paris in three days.
No comments:
Post a Comment