Monday, January 23, 2017

Practicing the Arts


I've been doing a lot of art the last few months. I went on a painting kick and decided to paint the same picture, in three different color schemes. I'm really happy with how they all turned out, but the red is by far my favorite. It just seems to pop out the most to me.



 After painting, I decided I need a break from it, but not from art. So I found a picture I love, and decided to practice my colored pencil skills. I don't often use colored pencil, and it's a very different process compared to painting. It was a challenge, but the only way to get better is to practice, right?

I made an attempt. For the most part I'm happy with how they turned out. Of course I see the flaws, and certain areas that just don't look the way I want. At the end of the day, I needed to be done with this picture. I knew if I stopped I'd never go back to finish it. Here it is, step by step coming to life. Always interesting to see the different stages of development. And it reminds me that I still need a lot of practice. Perhaps this was a bit too ambitious.

   
    

















No comments:

Post a Comment