Tuesday, February 9, 2016

J's Wedding

A few weeks ago, I got to attend the wedding of one of my best friends.

Janine and I have known each other for about 13 years now. How time flies! And why don't I remember getting so old?

 We met when I randomly moved into her apartment mid semester one September. She and her roommate came home one day to find me sitting on their couch, patiently waiting for someone to return so I could move into a room. Management had forgotten to mention they'd be getting another roommate. Surprise! The rest is kind of history, and 13 years later we are still thick as thieves.

Janine has been my travel partner in crime for the last decade. We've had many adventures as roommates, and our overseas escapades. There was always some kind of disaster involved, no matter how prepared we tried to be.


But it was always good for one more crazy travel story we lived through.

Like that time I lost my luggage going to Europe, and didn't get it back until two weeks after returning home. Janine was a saint and let me wear her clothes during the day. It would give my sink washed clothes an extra chance to dry out until she could take me shopping for the bare essentials.

We've ridden bikes through the Italian countryside, posed with statues in Spain, and even hopped on a boat at the last second to see Chateau D'If in Marseilles France.

She introduced me to real Italian pizza and gelato, essentially turning me into a complete Italian food snob. I'm ruined for life. Thanks a lot Janine.

We've missed international connecting flights, we've sprinted through a variety of large airports around the world to catch a connection, and we've been exhausted and delirious on many flights home from our overseas adventures. (Complete with swollen ankles and stress fractured feet).

And who could forget the infamous hostel incident where we had to leave at 5am? Or the car accident we got into in Ireland? Yeah, we've had a lot of adventure.


Magnum ice cream bars were always there to help ease the stress and frustration of whatever disaster or hiccup happened.

But it always led to a great story. Together we've traveled through Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Ireland, Amsterdam, and Germany. Just to name a few.



Then there were those crazy life events. Moving states, heartache, dating, job changes, family issues, etc. Life happens and is sometimes a challenge. Having good friends to rely on makes a difference. Janine is basically like my sister. I can still freak her out with how well I know her. Sometimes it comes in handy.





Needless to say, I was going to make it to her wedding in Utah. It was so fun to get to spend time with her before the big day. The night before the wedding, we spent the evening gabbing about life, old times, and everything  in between. All while watching Golden Girls and Frasier. So appropriate!

The next morning I snapped pictures as she got her make up on, and ready to hit the salon for her hair appointment.


Genius idea to have someone else do your hair on the wedding day.




As all brides are, Janine looked beautiful. The day went smoothly, and the weather was as perfect as it could be for January in Utah.


Janine, we've had a fun run. I'm so happy for your new adventures to come, and grateful I got to share in your wonderful day.







No comments:

Post a Comment