I have this cat. Pancho Via. When he decided to make me his pet, he was an indoor outdoor cat. I lived with that for awhile, and it was convenient. Then I got really attached to him.A few almost-losing-pet incidents later, I decided he could only be an inside cat. He was safer, and I was less stressed. But he had a hard time being so quarantined. Can't really blame him for that.
Of course he acted out by marking all over my house. (Yes, he's neutered). Cleaning up cat pee is a pain. Then he'd attack my other cat. After trying every remedy I could find on the internet, plus every idea the vet could give me, the last option was to medicate.
Yes, my cat is on antidepressants twice a day. Do what you have to do, right? It works. And is worth the monthly prescription fee.
But seeing him stare longingly out the window on a beautiful sunny day still makes me feel guilty. So I bought a cat harness. He put up a fight the first time I put it on him by rolling around on the ground like he was dying. Cats are such drama queens. When he realized this form of torture would allow him outside, he quickly changed his attitude.
Now, when he sees the harness in my hand, he goes to the back door and waits patiently to be strapped in.
I'm not going to lie. I'm slightly embarrassed that I walk my cat on a leash. So we only wander in the backyard where no one can really see us. It works.
He purrs the entire time. And the rest of the day he's extra sweet to me. I fully admit the cat is spoiled and runs the show. That's what cats do. And I'm a sucker for cute, furry animals.



No comments:
Post a Comment