
I do love London. For whatever reason it seems to beacon me to come and play. One of the days I had there was spent walking along the river. There is a route called the Queen's Walk that takes you along the river and past the bridges. It was a cold, rainy, typical London day as I made the walk along the water. The beginning of the walk was also quite fantastic. At least I thought so.
I watched the boats float by and enjoyed the view. One of my favorites is Tower Bridge. I took a lot of pictures of this one, especially since the clouds above it were really cool. I even took a leisurely walk across it towards the Tower of London. Love it.
From there I decided I needed to hit 221B Baker Street.

I popped on the underground and made my way to visit one of my favorite fictional characters. Sherlock Holmes. They have a "museum" you can pay to tour through, which is really a typical London flat set up with all of Sherlock's oddities. It's so much fun for those of you who are a little nerdy about the detective stories. I am not ashamed to admit I am one of them. Of course this museum is reflective of the original detective stories by Arthur Conan Doyle, not the modern day television renditions. Just so you're clear.

Of course I got my picture taken with the cute Englishman in the police uniform. It's a fun stop to make if you are ever in London. Next door to the museum is, of course, the over priced gift shop. It's fun to browse and the workers are dressed as English maids. All I could afford was a refrigerator magnet. Better than nothing.
So continues my love of London.








No comments:
Post a Comment