Saturday, July 20, 2013

Blues on the Green with the Tall Club

Every summer Austin has what's called Blues on the Green. It's essentially a free outdoor concert downtown that happens every few weeks throughout the summer months. The musicians are not necessarily big groups, but usually well known in the Austin area. Though one year they did have Los Lonely Boys come.

I've wanted to go but was never able to make it happen until a few weeks ago. I also joined the Austin Tall Club. I had to when I found out that one existed and yes, there is a height requirement to join. Luckily I'm tall enough and the people are really great. They meet about every week, and this was one of the events.

The traffic was a pain as was parking, but once the sun went down and the concert started is was wonderful. We hung out on our lawn chairs and listened the Ed Sheran. Lot's of people were playing Frisbee with their dogs, families and friends hanging out, soccer games, the typically weirdos, etc. I even saw a hobbit - yes, an actual hobbit. Unfortunately by the time I got over my shock he was gone and I wasn't able to get a picture with him. Next time I will be prepared for hobbit sightings.

Here are a few quick pics of the venue.



Austin really is a fun and quirky town.

No comments:

Post a Comment