
So I took a trip down memory lane from those fun times oh so long ago. I realized that I don't have many pictures as I'm not much of a picture taker, but the ones I found were still fun. So here are a few old fashioned college pictures that I dusted off.


It's been a long time since I've looked at these. We were such babies but we sure did have some fun. These old pictures span from 2001 - 2007. I still can't believe how fast time has flown by.
Jessica has just finished up her graduate degree in Seattle and was taking a well deserved vacation around the country. She went to Utah to run a ragmar, and then flew out to see me for a few days before winging her way to Alaska. I'm so jealous she's in Alaska right now.
Since Jessica only had about two and half days in Austin to see me, and hasn't really been before, I did a few of the Austin highlights. She was brave enough to face the miserable 100+ degree weather that is a typical Texas summer. Here's what we did. (Remember how I mentioned I don't take many pictures? Well most of what we did I don't have pictures to go with it).
- We went running at Pflugerville Lake, and then around Lady Bird Lake downtown.
- We checked out the South Congress Shopping district were we found some funny things and even ate at a Hey Cupcake trailer. And just for Tracie, we ordered the Micheal Jackson cupcake.- We toured the capitol building and Jess got a taste of that good old Texas pride.


-We "hiked" up Mount Bonnell so she could get a view of the town.
- We ate some Rudy's BBQ
- We also ate some Pappasito's
- We did a driving tour of downtown.
- Stopped at the Hula Hut
- A few more shopping spots along the way
- We stopped at the Nature Center next to the Botanical Gardens.
- Then we walked through the Botanical Gardens while exploring the rest of Zilker Park.

- Of course she had to try the famous dried foods the Texas is obsessed with. We had Fried Twinkies, Fried Oreos, and Fried Pickles - all at the same time. Yes, we were quite sick and nauseated the rest of the evening. But it was tasty.
- And finally enjoyed the Austin Skyline. It is quite pretty.
We did miss the bats though. It was just far too hot and miserable to make the evening trek. Next time.

It certainly wasn't a fast paced trip of Austin, but it was fun to be lazy and casual and just catch up. Once you make a great friend with a college roommate, you are friends for life. I love you Jess!


Oh my! I am so jealous! I love you two so much! I hope my turn is coming soon to see you guys! And, Melanie, I have been meaning to call you for about two months, and haven't yet. So, be expecting a call (in the next two months...) Love you!
ReplyDelete