Last Friday was the big bazaar at my work. It's a giant craft fair they do every year for the state employees to do some holiday shopping. Luckily this year turned out to be a beautiful day weather wise, as it's always outside.This last year I decided I would make aprons to see if they would sell. I had no idea what to expect, so my goal was to make 100 aprons for selling. I ended up making 90. The fair only lasts about 4 hours total, but it's free to sell any homemade craft. You just have to sign up for a booth.
My realistic goal was to sell enough aprons that I would break even with the cost for all my materials. Of course I was hoping to sell everything, but with such a limited window of time that was a very lofty goal. In the end, I sold about 22 aprons in the course of 4 hours. I admit I was slightly disappointed, but then again I aimed a bit high and made much more than I needed to. In retrospect I don't think I did too shabby. And I sold enough to break even.I now have 70 aprons hanging in my closet of all shapes, styles, and sizes. At this point I'll just hang on to them and attempt reselling them next year. In the meantime, if you are in need of an apron, ready made, let me know. They're a great deal and really great stocking stuffers.
Seriously you should do an Etsy shop -- I just ordered one to be shipped to my sister for Christmas! (I wish I had known!) These look amazing.
ReplyDelete