Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting over, or Remembering the Past

Here it is yet again. The beginning of the new year with all those resolutions and promises to look better, act better, and all around improve the quality of our life. I decided a long time ago to NOT make any more New Year's Resolutions, and that's the only resolution I've ever kept. Instead of focusing on what I'm going to do different, I'm going to focus on what I've done over the last year. That has been it's own adventure.

I started off the new year of 2009 being fully single without any dating prospects or even hope of dating. A week later I convinced my best travel gal to leave the country with me for a last minute trip to Europe. A week after that I had a birthday and met a boy. A week later I was dating a boy and planning to leave the country. Two months later I was winging my way to Ireland, Holland, and Germany. Less than two months later I got an engagement ring. The next week my parents came out to meet my new man. A month later we flew to Colorado. Two months after that we flew to Nevada for an engagement party and for Ramon to be tortured by my family and friends who have known me all my life. The next weekend I moved. Three weeks later I panicked that I was getting married in 3 months and hadn't done much regarding getting married. Two months after that I was offered a new job. One month later I was married, honeymooned, and then it was Thanksgiving - which fast forwarded into Christmas, which has flown by to New Years -and now it's back to the beginning with the year 2010.

Looking back, I realize that I've had a pretty busy year. It's been full of highs and lows, though I've only focused on the highlights. In the end, the year flew by faster than I thought possible. You never know what's going to happen and how quickly your path can change. I never anticipated so much happening in one year. Just thinking about it makes me exhausted. So I've decided that this is the year where I am going to try to go with the flow. There are a few things I want to get back into doing, but more than anything I want to take this year slow and enjoy the little moments. So, here are some of my favorite moments from 2009:

                                                 The excitement of dating someone new.



The Coolest Gals in Austin



Ireland - Kylemore Abbey - One on my list of things to see before I die.



Getting engaged



and finally getting married!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome Mel! Congrats again. What a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful in your pictures - in all of them! Thanks for sharing your year with us :)

    ReplyDelete