Monday, June 28, 2021

The Garden

This year has been the best year ever for my garden. It's taken a long time of building and learning to get it to this point. And I love it. It has absolutely exploded into life. I'm battling bugs, pests, mosquitos, all of the fun things that come with gardening. But I love how it's taken off and grown so well. 

I've learned a lot about watering, feeding plants, and even how to mix my own soil. It is back breaking work, and unbelievably difficult in the heat and humidity here. But the rewards are certainly paying off.

It's getting hot here, which means the plants are suffering from heat stroke. My goal now is just to keep them alive until they produce all they have in them and can finally die in peace. I'm hoping they can hang on through August. But August is really brutal here. Oh well. I can't complain with how this year has gone.

Things I've planted: carrots, onions, garlic, strawberries, blackberries, lettuce, spinach , chard, snap peas, tomatoes, poblano peppers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, basil, mint, lavender, and watermelon.







No comments:

Post a Comment