Friday, January 10, 2020

The Holidays

I'm a little late, and I rarely seem to remember to blog these days, but the holidays came and went in their usual festive state.

For Thanksgiving I stuck around my city and did the annual turkey trot. I have a lovely collection of shirts now. Not quite enough for a quilt yet though.

 Anywho, the weather was perfect for running and the event is always a madhouse of 20,000 people. Afterwards I didn't feel guilty about gorging on all my favorite holiday treats. And I continued to gorge the remaining few weeks afterwards.

December passed in a whirl. I spent the first two weeks traveling around Texas for work, which made the month fly by unbelievably fast.
 I did make time to build a gingerbread house. This year I went big and attempted a gingerbread castle. I'm not unhappy with the finished product, but now I have a few more tips to make next year flow a bit smoother.

I still fit in my Trail of Lights fun run around the main park downtown, and even left with a lot of great free swag. Of course I got the tshirt as well. I also finished a few paintings.

Then Christmas was a very fast trip to Nevada to see friends and family.

The whole month went by faster than I would have liked, and a new year has begun. I have lots of big plans to redecorate, travel, paint, garden, and try new food recipes. Along with my new side gig of selling cookies. Should be a fun and busy year ahead. And hopefully 2020 will be a much better year than 2019.














No comments:

Post a Comment