Friday, February 15, 2019

After Greece

After the epic Greece marathon, I hit a few of my traditional races in Austin. I do love my town.











If you want to read more about my travel adventures to Greece and Italy, you can pop over to my travel blog. https://globetrottingwannabe.blogspot.com

Thanksgiving Day I always do the annual Turkey Trot downtown. It's a 5 mile run through the hilly part of downtown. They usually have about 20,000 people participate in this, so it's a big event. Lots of fun with people in costumes, music, etc. They even do a kids run - which is a one mile run. It was pretty adorable to watch all these little ones start off running.

 It's a good time and a good way to burn some calories before gorging yourself on Thanksgiving foods. I was pretty stiff and sore after just doing the marathon, but I survived and finished the course. And it was a beautiful weather day too.


Next on the list was the annual Trail of Lights fun run. I convinced my friend Sherry to come with me this year, and instead of running the 2 miles we just did a nice casual walk.


 When you sign up to do the fun run, you get to enter the park before it opens to the public. Plus you get a t-shirt. I'm getting a pretty decent collection of said t-shirts too.

We had fun, got some good swag afterwards, and then stopped for dinner on the way home. I'm sure more races will be in my future for this next year, as well as other fun regular every day events too. 









No comments:

Post a Comment