Our food theme was more of a tropical flavor, Caribbean type culinary feel, dashed with some random extras.
While there was really no rhyme or reason, the food was still fantastic.
Of course people need chocolate, so I did classic brownies with a minty frosting. With some help from a little food dye, I turned the minty frosting into a tropical ocean blue. The taste wasn't too shabby either.
I've decided that after watching movies in beautiful tropical locations, I should see them first hand. I think a trip to the Caribbean is now going to be a must see destination.
Some classic Sept 19th movies to watch for next year:
Hook
The Pirate Movie
Muppet Treasure Island
Pirates of the Caribbean
I did also discover through the grapevine, that if you go to Crispy Cream and talk like a pirate you will get a free donut. If you show up, on National Talk like a Pirate Day, dressed like a pirate, you get a free box of donuts. Tips to know for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment