Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quick Update


Last Thanksgiving my mother was diagnosed with Leukemia. After 3 rounds of chemotherapy and about 4 months of going in and out of the hospital (mostly in) she finally went into remission.

A few weeks ago she was moved to the Huntsman Leukemia Center in Salt Lake City where she went through a bone marrow transplant. While everything is going as good as can be expected, there is still a long road ahead. Hopefully by Christmas she will be back to her old self again.






In the meantime, my mom had asked me to paint a picture of her favorite place in Ohio.










With this picture to work from, I painted the following. Please forgive my pathetic camera and I hope you can get a decent idea of how it turned out. I definitely need to continue to practice.


1 comment:

  1. You are so gifted -- I love the picture and I know she will as well. I have kind of kept up on your mom and her progress through Karen Ryssman (she's good about updating me on stuff!) -- and then your dad's facebook posts too. We keep all of you in our prayers! xoxo

    ReplyDelete