Every year my work has a Holiday Bazaar around Thanksgiving time where you can have a booth to sell your homemade goods. There's all kinds of foods, crafts, etc., and I've always been curious about what I could sell. So I've decided that this year I'm going to participate and attempt to sell some aprons. Honestly, I'm a bit petrified. I've certainly never done something like this before and I'm not sure how well I'll do. I figure this will be a good place to test it out and if I can break even I won't complain for a first attempt.
My goal is to have 100 aprons to sell. So far I have 40 and it's almost May. There's a reason why I started this in February. A friend of mine at work also thinks I should sell some table mats and napkins too. Though my focus will probably stay on the aprons (since I've devoted so much time and energy) I might as well make a few and see how they do. Luckily if it's a complete disaster I have a husband who can sell anything. In the meantime if you would like to do some shopping for birthdays, weddings, holidays, etc., (or just feel pity for my rather sad and lazy attempt to earn some extra cash) feel free to drop me a note and place an order.
Here are a few examples of the kinds I've made to this point. Again, keep in mind my camera is quite pathetic, and I used myself as a model while I took pictures of my reflection. I don't know that it gets much more desperate than that but what can you do? If this endeavor is successful then I plan to buy myself a new camera. If you would like to skip the ordering altogether and feel inclined to make a donation to help me buy a new camera I take cash or check.
This is so far the only ruffle apron I've done but I plan to do a few more. This is very bright and spring/summer apron with bright lime green, lemon yellow, and daisy patterned ruffles. Very girly and fun, but there are no pockets.
This is a softer yellow that is dotted with colored blue and pink butterflies with daisies. This particular one is trimmed in a deep whine red, while I've done one trimmed in green and trimmed in blue.
Though this one is the worst pictured, it's actually one of my favorite aprons. I love the cute pitchers spilling with daisies and again the yellow and green work really beautifully. Plus the pattern just screams kitchen. I plan to make kitchen curtains out of this material sometime.
One of the most feminine and fun aprons, it's also reversible with the Valentine's M&Ms.


Very basic and clean cut Valentine apron with the red butterflies and lady bugs in front of a purple background. The pockets blend in for a nice and simple full apron. The ties are all one string so it's easy to adjust.
Last but not least is the shamrock material. I have quite a few of these full size and half aprons. This one ties at the neck and again around the waist and is much more frilly and girly. So, what do you think?
Very basic and clean cut Valentine apron with the red butterflies and lady bugs in front of a purple background. The pockets blend in for a nice and simple full apron. The ties are all one string so it's easy to adjust.
Last but not least is the shamrock material. I have quite a few of these full size and half aprons. This one ties at the neck and again around the waist and is much more frilly and girly. So, what do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment