So this is the update on my new gardening hobby. The apricot, plum, mango, and avocado seeds were all a bust, mostly because I think the seeds were bad. They molded instead of sprouting so I ended up throwing them out. The tomato seeds sprouted but didn't progress any further and soon afterwards wilted and died. They were seeds from the grocery store, so I also blame those as bad seeds to begin with.
The apple seeds have been the lone survival from my original attempt. They sprouted, were planted, and grew enough that I re-planted them again. So far so good.
Next I decided to go for strawberries. As you can see, they are leafing and doing splendidly.
I also splurged and bought a grape vine that had already been started at home depot. It hasn't gown anymore, but it also hasn't died yet. Still, a success.
The green beans sprouted in 3 days and seem to be happily growing every day. I have high hopes for these.
I've made a second attempt with the tomatoes. So far they have sprouted and been replanted but I'm not sure how much further they will get.
The carrots have not yet sprouted, but today at last I saw the tiny beginnings of my sugar snap peas. I'm very excited for these.
It's become a bit exciting checking my plants every day and seeing their growth (yes, I may be a nerd but I don't deny it). I admit, doing a container garden in my current living circumstances may look a bit uncouth in it's current layout. However, when they are sprouted and plentiful I think it will look quite lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment