Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Evolution of a Picture


 In my desire to get better at art, and with art in the form of colored pencils, I took on another project that I thought would challenge me even more. And it did.

I spent a lot of time finding a picture that I liked well enough to attempt to copy. It took me many months to put this together, but I will say about 2 of those months this picture sat unfinished on a shelf. Art is a mood thing for me. If I'm not in the mood, I can't do it.

Regardless, I took pictures step by step along the way to see my progress, but also to see how this picture took shape. The grid lines helped tremendously to keep my proportions in check as I went along. Below is the evolution of this project. While it's definitely not perfect, I am very happy with how it turned out.








 










No comments:

Post a Comment