I had to take a break from working on the chairs to get my table in matching order. Here's how it looked before - I started stripping the corner before I remembered to take a picture.
The stripping agent I used was on the cheaper end but it did the job better than I anticipated. It took the whole can to do the table top and I ran out at the very end. I got creative to make it stretch.
There's a big difference in coloring once it's stripped down. I didn't realized how many times it had been stained.
This is now completely stripped and sanded. Time to start paining.
The hardest part was the final clear finish. It kept leaving air bubbles as it dried, but if I sanded down the air bubbles it sanded off the paint. After a lot of frustration and irritation, I finally finished it. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it'll do. And it's still better than what it was. Now to just finish up those blasted chairs.





No comments:
Post a Comment